- achiote seeds (4 ounce package)
- 2 cup water
- 2 cups medium grain enriched rice
- 2 slices Bacon
- 1/2 Onion
- Soak achiote seeds in water until liquid is a dark rich red. Drain seeds, reserving the liquid. Fry Bacon until soft but thoroughly cooked.
- Chop Bacon and Onion. Put rice, Bacon, Onion in a pan and add the achiote liquid.
- Allow pot of rice to "boil down" until the liquid is almost completely gone. Cover and reduce heat to low for 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.