Got a hot pudding mold used for desserts? This divine bread dish is made with real raisins, cream, and eggs, and is instantly exceptional for breakfast or dessert, as it always keeps a bold and creamy taste with bread and butter.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 8 to 9 slices of bread, with crusts removed
- 1 ½ cup raisins, well soaked in sherry for at least 30 minutes
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 quart Half-and-half
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a 2 ½-quart pudding or soufflé dish.
- Butter the bread slices well and arrange, buttered side down, in layers; sprinkle each layer with some of the raisins.
- Lightly beat eggs; then add sugar, salt, half and half, and vanilla. Pour through the strainer over the bread and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in a 350° F oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking at the same temperature until pudding is lightly browned and just set, about 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm or cold, as preferred, with cream.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.