Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Quick and Easy Low-Carb Cooking by Nancy Hughes
- Yield: 4 servings
- ¼ cup reduced-fat margarine
- ¼ cup apricot 100% fruit spread
- 1 tsp grated gingerroot
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, halved
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except muffins and stir to blend.
- The mixture will be lumpy.
- Toast muffins and spread equal amounts of the mixture on each muffin half.
- The spread will melt into the muffins.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (2 muffin halves plus spread):
- 218 Calories | 7g Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 318mg Sodium | 37g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 13g Sugars | 6g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch | 1 fat | ½ carbohydrate
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.