Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, cold and cut in ¼ inch bits
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Work in butter.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Knead on lightly floured surface about 15 times.
- Divide dough into two balls.
- Put each into a 6 inch circle.
- Cut circle into 6 wedges.
- Brush surface with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on buttered cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake 10–12 minutes until brown.
- Serve with unsweetened whipped cream and fresh strawberry jam.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.