- 1 lb. boned salted cod fish
- 3 to 4 white potatoes (boiled to a firm texture cooled and sliced)
- 1 large Spanish onion (peeled and sliced into rings)
- 3 hard boiled eggs (shelled cooled and sliced)
- 2 to 3 tomatoes ( washed and sliced )
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Spanish olives
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 small jar of red pimentos (for garnish only use this after the salad has been completed)
- Rinse codfish under cold running water and allow to soak over night in a covered bowl or pot over night. Make sure that the bowl or pot is large enough to allow for expansion of the fish. On the following day rinse once again and place in a pot with enough cold water to cover the fish. place on the stove and bring to a boil, lower heat and allow to simmer for about 1 hour change the water twice during this cycle in order to remove the salt and continue cooking until the fish is tender and flaky. Remove from pot set aside and allow to cool.
- The secrete to this salad is make sure that you keep changing the water in order to remove as much salt from the fish. Remember you are the final judge as to how much salt you want left on the fish.
- Rub garlic in a large salad bowl making sure to cover all sides.
- Flake the codfish so that it breaks up into nice bite size pieces and place into the salad bowl in order to create a layer add other ingredients except for the olive oil, vinegar and hard boiled eggs, making a layer and then add another layer of codfish until you have used all the ingredients.
- Combine olive oil and vinegar and pour over the salad and toss until all the ingredients have been coated with the dressing.
- Add sliced eggs and fold in carefully so as not to break the yolks. Garnish with red pimientos.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.