- 4 medium-sized eggplants
- 3 – 4 tomatoes
- 2 – 3 white onions
- ½ head of garlic
- ⅛ cup of rice vinegar
- ¼ cup of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 – 2 chile peppers
- ¼ tsp of grated ginger
- Boil or steam the eggplants until almost mushy.
- Cut in half vertically and scrape off the meat with a spoon.
- Place the scraped meat in a large bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters (or into eighths if they are large).
- Do the same with the onions.
- Add to the eggplants and toss lightly.
- Peel and finely mince the garlic.
- Mix together the light soy sauce, rice vinegar, grated ginger and sugar.
- Add the minced garlic and the chile peppers.
- Crush the peppers with a spoon.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss.
- Cover and let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.