Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 level teaspoon yeast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated queso de bola cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Put lukewarm water in a bowl.
- Add sugar and yeast.
- Let stand for 10 minutes then add all-purpose flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until double its bulk.
- Add egg yolks, sugar and butter to flour mixture.
- Add to this the 2 cups of flour and knead with lard.
- Let rise again in warm place (about 3 hours) until double ins bulk.
- Divided into 6 to 12 portions.
- Roll each portion to ¼ inch thick on a greased board.
- Spread with butter and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Roll up, starting from one end and twisting like a knot.
- Place each roll into an ensaymada mould lined with wax paper and greased with lard.
- Keep in a warm place until each roll doubles its bulk (about 4 hours).
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with grated cheese and sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.