A Peruvian recipe from The Ballroom, NYC
- 1 chicken, approx. 4 lb
- 12 parsley sprigs
- 1½ tbsp salt
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- ½ cup aciete oil
- 4 cups red wine
- 12 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots
- 12 onions, small
- 4 celery stalks
- 3 chiles serranos / jalapeno
- 2 red peppers
- 4 bay leaf
- 2 green peppers
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cut chicken in 8 serving, sprinkle with salt.
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown chicken slowly, approx. 8 – 10 minutes for the breast and 20 – 30 for the leg and thigh.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add garlic and onions to skillet and cook until they are golden brown, approx.
- 5 minutes.
- Add the chile, bay leaves, cayenne, remaining salt and thyme.
- Saute 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and red wine, bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add carrots (2.5 by 0.5 in strips), celery (diagonal slices 1.5 in wide), and cook 10 minutes.
- Add red and green peppers (cut in 1.
- 5 in triangles) and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and let cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.