Catalan roast vegetables. Escalivada can be served on its own (delicious with Romesco Sauce), or as an accompaniment to meat or fish dishes. This is a beautifully colorful dish and an elegant addition to a classy dinner party.
- 3 red peppers
- 2 small eggplants
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- enough olive oil to coat vegetables generously
- 3 tomatoes
- salt to taste
- Wash all of the vegetables, dry and then coat in olive oil and salt to taste, and place on the grill.
- Roast until the skins are blackened If you don’t have a grill, you can use an oven.
- Once the skins of the vegetables are blackened, remove from heat and place in a bowl. Cover and allow to cool.
- Then, peel all of the skins of the vegetables and arrange on a platter.
- Dress in more olive oil and salt to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.