- 3 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose sauce
- Seasoning Inside Chicken
- 2 pieces sand ginger (Sar Geung)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. dry sherry
- 1 strip bacon
- 1 Tbsp. hot oil
- 1/3 part fried escallion
- Wash, clean and cut off chicken wings. Dry chicken giblets and wings.
- Rub salt to taste on outside and inside of chicken, also wings and giblets.
- Color entire outside of chicken with dark soy sauce.
- Pound sand ginger (Sar Geung) to a powder and sieve; reserve the husk.
- To cook chicken: Heat the wok. Pour and heat oil.
- Put chicken in and brown to desired color. Cover. Take out chicken.
- Fry Escallion and bacon.
- Stuff inside of chicken with seasoning and fried bacon.
- Lay chicken sideways in wok. Add sand ginger husk to oil in wok.
- Cover and cook in low heat for 10 minutes; turn another 10 minutes more.
- Take out chicken and let cool off. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and spread on top of chicken.
- Sauce: Add sauce to oil in wok and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.