The simple and classic method for escargot. :) This is the way they are prepared at 13 Coins in Seattle.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced well
- 2 cloves garlic, minced well
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 32 canned French snails
- 32 snail shells
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Combine the butter, parsley, shallots, garlic, and brandy in a bowl and blend well.
- Place a snail in each shell and fill the cavity with the seasoned butter (if you do not have shells, you can use escargot baking dishes - this is actually how i prefer to make them. Most of such dishes hold 6 escargot apiece).
- Place on a baking pan and bake for twelve minutes.
- Serve hot, as an appetizer, on individual snail dishes - or on small folded napkins on plates, to keep the shells from sliding about.
- Also, small silver forks to easily eat them with are a good idea.
- Make sure to have plenty of good bread alongside, to mop up the delicious butter sauce! :).
- Also good with a bit of Parmesan sprinkled on top of each.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.