- 1 lb of spaghetti
- 1/4 lb. of salami diced into small cubes (optional)
- 1/4 cup of ground Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of capers (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper cut into small cubes
- 4 plum tomatoes cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 large Onion sliced finely
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon of mashed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- Boil the spaghetti until slightly softer than al dente having added a teaspoon of salt to the water. #Drain the water and reserve.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Sautee the salami until it turns golden brown on the outside.
- Add the onions, pepper, garlic and capers and let simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, let simmer until the tomatoes are tender.
- Add the tomato paste and vinegar.
- Add the milk and let simmer at low heat until half the liquid evaporates.
- Add the spaghetti and incorporate.
- Add pepper and oregano and adjust salt to taste.
- Serve hot.
- Sprinkle the Cheese on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.