- 4 1/2 to 5 lbs. chicken breasts, split
- Salt and pepper
- 3 (3 1/4 oz.) pkgs. slivered almonds
- 2 c. mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 c. celery, sliced
- 3 (6 oz.) cans water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 lbs. seedless grapes
- Boston or Bibb lettuce.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake until tender
- Remove from oven and, when cool, remove meat from bones
- Mix mayonnaise, soy sauce and curry powder.
- Combine chicken, almonds, celery, water chestnuts and grapes with mayonnaise mixture
- Place lettuce in a bowl or plate; top with chicken mixture.
- May also be served on toasted bread to make a sandwich.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.