- 1 egg
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tbsp water
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup ripe banana, pureed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, lightly beat 1 egg.
- To beaten egg, add ingredients 2-5, and beat gently until smooth.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture.
- Stir only until combined.
- Mash ripe banana (the riper the better) in bowl with fork, till well pureed.
- Add pureed banana to mix and stir, just until mixed.
- Pour into greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.