- 1 1/2 cups raw rhubarb cut fine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- In large mixing bowl cream sugars and butter, add egg and salt.
- Stir in applesauce, soda, vanilla, and flour.
- Add rhubarb.
- Pour in prepared 9x13x2-inch baking pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
- Bake at 375-degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- The cake is very moist and needs no frosting.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.