Purchased from Nelson Estate in Montgomery, Alabama in 1992. Dated 1932.
- 2 Bacon strips diced
- 1/4 cup chopped white Onion
- 1 medium red potato, diced
- 1 small carrot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon Chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In saucepan cook Bacon over medium heat until crisp and remove to paper towels.
- Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute Onion until tender.
- Add the Potato, carrot, water and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in the milk, corn and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Combine the flour and cold water until smooth gradually whisk into soup.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in Cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle with Bacon.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.