- 1 cup carrots, Pared, Cut Up
- 1 large Apple, Cored, Cut Into Wedges, DO NOT Peel
- 1 large orange, Cut Into Wedges DO NOT Peel
- 1 cup dates, Pitted, Cut Up
- 1 cup Raisins
- 4 1/2 cup unbleached flour, Sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 cup butter Or Regular margarine
- 2 cup Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, Chopped
- Grind the carrots, Apple, orange, dates, and Raisins together in a food grinder, using the medium blade.
- Set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, spices,and salt together, blending well, then set aside.
- Cream the butter and Sugar together, in a large mixing bowl, until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer set on medium speed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, blending well.
- Stir in the ground fruit mixture and the walnuts.
- Drop the mixture, by teaspoonfuls, about 2-inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350 °F.
- Oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Makes 7 ½ dozen cookies.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.