Makes 1 two layer cake
- ¾ cup diet margarine
- 1½ cups non-nutritive sweetener (Sugar Twin is best for this)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ¾ cup egg whites (4 – 5)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- cream margarine and sweetener.
- Sift baking powder, salt, flour, then add alternately with skim milk to creamed mixture.
- Add almond extract, and beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, and fold in.
- Pour into 2 well-greased 9" layer pans.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes, then remove from pans and cool further on wire racks.
- Top with creamy frosting.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.