Prep Time: 20 minutes
This is a famous Coleslaw as seen on http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/kittencals-famous-coleslaw
- 1 head green cabbage (8-10 cups)
- 1 large carrots, peeled and finely shredded (hand-squeeze out any excess moisture completely)
- 4 green onions
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds (optional, or to taste)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman’s is best, do not use salad dressing)
- 1/4 cup milk (light cream even better)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2-3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (use fresh only not bottled)
- 1/3 cup white sugar plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning sat, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste.
- In a food processor chop the cabbage into small pieces (should look like about the size of confetti) or shred the cabbage. Transfer to a large bowl.
- With a fine shredder, shred the peeled carrots, then hand-squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible; add to the bowl.
- Chop the green onion finely; add to the cabbage/carrot mixture along with the celery seed.
- Mix the three veggies all together with a wooden spoon.
- For the dressing; in a bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients starting with the lower amounts then adding in and adjusting to suit taste but using 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Pour over the veggies in the bowl, and mix well to combine.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight (overnight is better) to blend flavors.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.