- 8 oz tofu or tempeh, steamed for 10 minutes and cooled
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1½ cup water
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup onions, sliced
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- 4 spinach leaves, shredded
- 1 egg (optional)
- 4 tsp tamari
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Cut the steamed tofu or tempeh into julienne strips.
- Simmer for 45 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet.
- Simmer rice in water for 45 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add sesame seeds and brown lightly.
- Add and brown the tofu / tempeh.
- Stir in the onions, celery and spinach.
- Saute a few minutes, add the cooked rice.
- For extra protein you can can make well in center of pan and drop in an egg.
- Cook a little, then mix egg with rice and vegetables mix all ingredients together then add tamari.
- Sprinkle green onions on top to serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- pro: 14gm | fat: 13gm | car: 36gm
- Food exchanges 4 meats + 2 starch/breads + 2 fats
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.