This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound round steak
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1½ teaspoons beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- hot cooked noodles or rice
- Trim steak and cut into serving pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge steak in flour mixture and lightly pound with meat mallet.
- Brown steak in hot oil in a skillet then place in a shallow two-quart casserole.
- Layer bell pepper and onion (both cut into slices) over steak.
- Combine water, butter, bouillon granules and soy sauce in skillet.
- Cook until bouillon granules dissolve.
- Pour sauce over meat, bell pepper and onions.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.