- 400 g minced pork
- 1 small onion
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 small eggs
- water (if required)
- 100 ml fresh herbs
- 5 gherkins
- 1 medium cabbage
- 300 - 400 ml stock
- corn flour
- vinegar from the gherkin
- sherry (optional)
- Make a light soft minced meat out of the meat, salt, pepper, grated onion, breadcrumb, egg and water (if required).
- Fold in the chopped herbs and chopped gherkin.
- Cut the cabbage in 4.
- Remove the stalk and chop the leaves roughly.
- Boil for 2 minutes in 200 ml water, a teaspoon salt, and a little butter or oil.
- Preserve the water when finished.
- Place meat and cabbage in layers in a greased ovenproof dish, finishing with meat on top.
- Drizzle with a little melted butter and bake on lowest rack for 30 minutes in a 200°C (390°F) preheated oven.
- Sift the gravy from the dish into a pan and add the water from the boiling of the cabbage and a little stock.
- Bring to the boil and thicken with corn flour mixed with a little water.
- Season the sauce with some of the vinegar from the gherkin, and, if desired, a little sherry.
- The aim is to get a slightly sweet and sour herbed taste.
- Serve hot from the oven, with dark bread such as the famous Danish rye bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.