Yield: 8 servings or about 2 cups.
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pint basket California strawberries, halved
- In medium skillet mix sugar, water and lemon juice.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes just to boil.
- Add butter; stir until melted.
- Mix in strawberries; heat through, but do not cook.
- For breakfast or brunch, serve with waffles, pancakes or French toast.
- For dessert, spoon over ice cream, frozen yogurt, pudding or pound cake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.