Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Mazola no-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup Argo or Kingsford's cornstarch
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- 2 egg white
- ⅓ cup Karo dark corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Spray 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine flour, corn starch, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In medium bowl, using a fork or wire whisk, stir sugar and milk until sugar is almost dissolved.
- Add egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla; stir until blended.
- Gradually add to flour mixture; stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350°F.
- 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.