- 3 cups of white flour
- 1 cup of prepared milk
- ½ cup of oil
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients together.
- Cover and let sit for at least 1½ hours.
- Prepare a filling like the meat, chicken, or vegetable filling in the samboosa recipe.
- Pinch off a walnut-sized ball of dough.
- Flatten to a small circle in your hands.
- Place a spoon of filling in the middle of the circle.
- Close up the circle, completely enclosing the filling.
- Pinch the edges together.
- Lay on a greased tray, and continue making "fata'ir" with the rest of the dough.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.