Toasted bread and salad
- Serves 4 to 6
- 2 or 3 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded, deribbed, and diced
- 5 scallions, chopped
- ½ small lettuce, shredded
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint or 1 tsp. dried mint
- 1 pita bread (or 2 – 3 slices of bread), toasted and cut into cubes
- Combine the vegetables, herbs, and bread.
- Make the dressing, pour it over the salad, toss well, and chill for 30–60 minutes before serving.
- For an authentic Arabic flavor, the dressing should be made of equal parts of oil and lemon juice.
- However, you may prefer to use more oil - perhaps two to three parts of oil to one of lemon juice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.