- ¼ cup olive oil 
- 6 medium onions, sliced thickly
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 chicken cut in serving pieces
- 1 lbs fava beans (pods)  cut in thirds
- 2 lemons, juice of
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add chicken and saute until light brown.
- Add fava beans, lemon juice, and water to barely cover chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat until chicken is tender.
- ↑ According to Sephardic practice, legumes such as beans and peas, and rice, may be served at Passover. This is different from the practice of Askenazi Jews, who are not permitted to eat these foods at Passover. Olive oil and vanilla are acceptable if they are labeled "kosher for Passover" you may substitute vegetable oil and orange juice respectively.
- ↑ See previous note. Select young fava beans. Pods should be soft, spongy with a thick velvety surface and seedless.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.