- 24 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 quart bourbon
- 2 cups brandy
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 quarts milk
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick.
- Add bourbon and brandy and stir thoroughly.
- The liquor "cooks" the eggs
- Add cream and milk and continue whipping.
- Break up the ice cream and add.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- This is fairly potent and deceptively smooth, so you might wish to cut back on the Bourbon and brandy a little.
- If you can get it where you are, then the only ice cream to use in this recipe is on of the following Blue Bell Creamery flavors - natural vanilla bean, homemade vanilla, or French vanilla.
- Any good bourbon or sour mash will do, but old forester seems to add a special something to the taste.
- As for the brandy, don't waste the VSOP, but don't use that buck-fifty-a-liter varnish remover that you picked up on that last trip to Tiajuana, either.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.