- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 25 g butter (1.7 tbsp)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- butter or oil for deep frying
- icing sugar for dredging
- Mix all but the last two of the above ingredients together in a large bowl to form a dough.
- Roll out as thinly as possible.
- Cut into narrow strips and make a slit down the middle of each one.
- Push one end through the slit and pull gently so that you have a twist in the middle.
- Do this to all of the strips.
- Heat enough butter or oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Fry the pastry twists until golden on both sides.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Pile on plate and dredge with icing sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.