Prep Time: 5
Cook time: 10
The secret to fennel is knowing how to use it & what to pair it with. Fennel can be a bit tough and fibrous with an anise flavor. It is also light, crunchy and refreshing found in many Mediterranean recipes.
- 1 bulb of fennel, cut in ½ and remove core
- 2 – 3 blood oranges
- salt and pepper
- 3 glugs of extra virgin olive oil
- Slice fennel as this as possible (use a food slicer or mandolin if available).
- Peel and supreme the oranges.
- Save the extra pulp and squeeze the remaining juice into the bowl.
- Mix sliced fennel, juice from the pulp and oranges - season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Let stand for 10 minutes then serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.