Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 4 minutes | Total Time: 24 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 pomelo or large white grapefruit
- 1 orange
- orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp salad oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 24 medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- Bibb lettuce
- Section pomelo or grapefruit and orange over a small bowl to catch juices; add enough fresh orange juice to equal ¼ cup.
- For dressing, add salad oil, honey, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, and white pepper to reserved juices.
- Whisk until combined.
- Set dressing aside.
- Cook the fennel and onion in hot cooking oil for 2 minutes; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, rinse shrimp; pat dry.
- Cook in boiling water about 2 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque; drain.
- Rinse with cold water; drain again 5.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates.
- Place onion and fennel mixture in center; arrange shrimp, pomelo or grapefruit sections, and orange sections around center.
- Drizzle with dressing.
Nutritional information Edit
- 195 Calories | 8g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 169mg Sodium | 17g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 0g Sugars | 131mg Cholesterol | 16g Protein
- Exchanges: 1½ vegetable | ½ fruit | 2 lean meats | ½ fat
- Carb Choices: 1
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.