Serves 8 -10
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup Sugar (180 ml)
- 1 tsp. baking powder (5 ml)
- 1/2 cup corn starch (125 ml)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 ml)
- 2 cups pureed sweetened apricots (500 ml)
- 2 cups whipping cream (500 ml)
- 1 tbsp. Sugar (15 ml)
- 1 tsp. vanilla (5 ml)
- Cut wax paper to fit an 20cm round spring form pan.
- Have eggs at room temperature.
- Beat eggs until light.
- Gradually add Sugar and continue beating .
- Sift flour, baking powder, and corn starch and gently fold into eggs.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 190C for 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Finish cooling.
- Whip cream with Sugar and vanilla.
- Split cake in two layers.
- Spread half of the apricot puree on the bottom layer, and spread half of the whipped cream on top, repeat for second layer.
- Roll out marzipan, cover the top of the cake.
- Use an icing bag and decorate top and sides with remaining whipped cream.
- Garnish with apricot halves.
- 1 package, 100 g, ground almonds, sifted.
- Measure ground almonds after it has been sifted and add an equal amount of sifted icing sugar.
- Moisten with 1 tbsp. wine .
- Add a few more drops of liquid if necessary.
- Dust working surface with sifted icing sugar and roll out .
- Transfer the marzipan onto the cake, trim edges and remove any dry icing sugar with a brush dipped in cold water.
- Decorate with red frosted grapes.
- Dip grapes in fork-beaten egg whites, roll in Sugar and dry on wax paper.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.