This recipe came from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mahan Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup crumbled basil and tomato feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 10 ounce package pre-washed fresh spinach trimmed
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon slices halved
- In a small bowl combine feta cheese and cream cheese then set aside.
- Using a sharp knife cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket.
- Stuff pockets with the cheese mixture.
- If necessary secure openings with wooden toothpicks.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat about 12 minutes or until tender and no longer pink turning once.
- Remove chicken from skillet then cover and keep warm.
- Carefully add chicken broth to skillet and bringing to boiling then add half of the spinach.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove spinach from skillet reserving liquid in pan.
- Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Return all spinach to skillet.
- Stir in the nuts and lemon juice.
- To serve divide spinach mixture among 4 dinner plates.
- Top with chicken breasts and garnish with lemon slices.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.