Found At: Www.Mysanantonio.Com
From: Adapted From American Diabetes Association Recipe
- 2 Large Sweet or Spanish onions (about 1 1/2 lb Total, Peeled)
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Tsp Freshly Ground pepper
- 1/4 Cup bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Chopped, Reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Minced parsley
- 1/4 Cup (1-Ounce) Crumbled feta Cheese
Place onions in Large Saucepan And Cover With water. Bring to BoilAnd Cook Until onions Are Partially Tender, About 10-15 Minutes.Drain And Cool; Cut onions in Half Crosswise. Scoop Out Center ofEach Onion Half, Leaving a 1/2-Inch Shell. Reserve The Centers.If Necessary, Cut a Small Piece From The End of Each Onion ShellSo Shells Will Stand Upright.
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
Chop Reserved Centers of onions. Saut? in oil With garlic in aMedium Saucepan Until Tender, About 5 Minutes. Stir in lemon JuiceAnd pepper. Remove From The Heat; Stir in bread Crumbs, tomatoes,parsley And Cheese.
Fill Onion Shells With Mixture. Set on Baking Sheet Sprayed WithCooking Spray. Cover With Foil And Bake About 25 Minutes. Serve Hot.
Makes 4 Servings (1/2 Onion Per Serving)
Approximate Nutritional Values Per Serving:
- 150 Calories, 5g Protein, 24g Carbs, 4g Dietary Fiber, 4g Fat,
- 0mg Cholesterol, 150mg Sodium