- ¾ pound ground lamb or beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint or oregano or ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ of a 16-ounce jar grape leaves (20 leaves), drained and well rinsed
- olive oil
- lemon wedges
- In a medium skillet cook ground lamb or beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until lamb is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat; drain off fat.
- Stir in feta cheese, mint or oregano, and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Place a grape leaf on a clean work surface, shiny side down and stem end toward you.
- Place 1 level tablespoon of filling about ½ inch from the bottom edge of each leaf.
- Fold the sides of the leaf over the filling, overlapping slightly.
- Starting at the bottom edge, roll up the leaf and place, seam side down, in a 2-quart square microwave-safe baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining leaves and filling.
- Cover the baking dish and chill until needed or heat and serve immediately.
- To heat, add 1 tablespoon water to the baking dish.
- Brush grape leaf bundles lightly with olive oil.
- Cover and micro-cook on 100% power for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through, turning dish once.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.