A very tasty and delicious appetizer to serve with bread.
- 500g red lentils (adis)
- 2 onions
- 1/2 bulb garlic crushed
- 6 tsp oil
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 8 white bread rolls
- 1 Potato (optional)
- 2 tomatoes (optional)
- 1 carrot (optional)
- kil 1/2 green pepper (optional)
- 3 cloves cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Wash Lentils. Wash and chop onions and, if included, tomatoes, potatoes, carrot and green pepper.
- Put altogether in pot with cardamom and cinnamon (both optional) covering with water about 10 cm higher.
- Simmer until Lentils tender, adding water if necessary.
- Remove cardamom and mix in blender.
- Place blended mix back in pot and add salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
- In separate pan, fry crushed garlic in oil until golden and add to mix.
- If desired, lightly bake rolls in oven until slightly crispy.
- Break up bread into small pieces and put into serving dish.
- Pour adis mix over bread so bread becomes slightly moist.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.