- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup sherry wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sweet green pepper, diced
- 1 ¼ cups sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium California avocado, diced
- 1 pound dried fettuccine noodles (or any dried pasta)
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, basil, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes, and half of the California avocado.
- Toss ingredients well so they are evenly coated with the oil and vinegar.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 6 minutes or until "al dente".
- " drain pasta and pour in salad bowl with the other ingredients while the pasta is still hot.
- Toss together and serve immediately, using the remaining California avocado as a garnish on top of the pasta.
- Serving suggestions: serve with 2-3 oz of lean meat and additional steamed vegetables for a complete main meal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.