- 1 lb beef or pork liver
- 2 lbs ground pork, lean
- ½ c breadcrumbs
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dried sage
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounces suet
- flour for dusting
- non-stick cooking spray
- flour or cornstarch for gravy
- Finely chop the beef or pork liver and rinse with water.
- Mix in a bowl with ground pork, bread crumbs, onions, sage, thyme, parsley, nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Dust the bottom of another bowl with flour, and add the suet to lightly coat.
- Add the suet to the meat mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Form meat into walnut-sized balls.
- Arrange meatballs in a baking dish coated with non-non-stick cooking spray; cover with foil and bake in a preheated 400° oven for forty minutes.
- Remove foil and drain off the fat; thicken the fat with flour or cornstarch to make a gravy (adding whichever thickener you choose one teaspoon at a time until desired consistency), and pour the gravy around the meat.
- Cut meatloaf into slices and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.