- 1 whole chicken
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup diced bacon
- ½ cup thinly-sliced carrots
- 2 large leeks
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 small head of cabbage, sliced
- ¼ tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add butter to a large cooking pot, and brown the chicken evenly.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, and add the bacon, carrots and leeks.
- Sauté briefly, and then add the flour and milk until evenly coated.
- Gradually stir in the chicken stock, and add the parsley, garlic powder, paprika, basil, salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pot.
- Cover and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, or until the chicken is tender and well-cooked.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.