Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cup butter or margarine; softened
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 1⅓ cups brown sugar; firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3½ cups quick-cooking oats; uncooked
- 1½ cups salted peanuts; coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy;gradually add sugars, beating at medium speed until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears; stir in vanilla.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour and soda; stir into butter mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats and remaining ingredients, mixing well (mixture will be crumbly).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let stand 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.