Mexican pasta. This dish is best at room temperature, although it is good hot or cold also. I have given just the basic recipe; you can add all kinds of things, like corn, fresh tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, blanched chayote squash, etc.
- 6 nests fideo (angel hair pasta)
- 12 oz jar picante sauce (mild or medium)
- 1 cup julienned nopalitos (cactus) or 12 oz jar pickled cactus, drained and rinsed or (in a pinch) 2 julienned and blanched bell peppers
- 1 can pinto, poquito, anasazi pink or other beans of your choice
- 1 small can (4 oz?) diced green chiles
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.