Beef skewers and a huge hint of chili powder mix when served with other meals. You can also make this with other meat-based dishes for selling per piece.
For the meat base
- 1 ½ pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1½" thick
- 5 – 6 green onions, white part only, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup country Dijon-style mustard
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons bottled garlic or (6 cloves of garlic, minced)
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper or chili powder
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large, shallow bowl.
- Remove and reserve ½ cup for basting. Cut beef steak into 1½ inch cubes.
- Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 20 minutes to 24 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Alternately thread beef and green onion pieces evenly onto four 12" metal skewers. Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, about 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting frequently with reserved ½ cup marinade and turning occasionally. Serve hot and plain or with other dishes.
Place skewers on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil about 14 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting frequently with ½ cup marinade and turning once.
Servings: 3 skewers per plate