- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Clean the seeds of pumpkin "strings" with water, then spread out to dry thoroughly before proceeding.
- Drying will probably take a day, at least.
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Combine melted butter with the Tabasco, cayenne, cumin and chili powder.
- Place pumpkin seeds in a small bowl and pour butter mixture over; stir to coat seeds thoroughly.
- Spread in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring once to turn the seeds about half-way through baking.
- Let cool completely — they'll be more crispy that way.
- Store in air-tight container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.