- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 16 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- 4 x 12-inch-long wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- lemon or lime wedges
- Mix olive oil, garlic, minced ginger and crushed red pepper in shallow dish.
- Add shrimp, turning to coat with oil mixture.
- Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Thread 4 shrimp on each of 4 skewers.
- Grill or broil just until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle shrimp with chopped cilantro.
- Garnish with lemon or lime and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.