This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the McGinnis Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 pound ready to cook stewing chicken, cut up
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 4 cut up celery branches with leaves
- 1 carrot pared and sliced
- 1 small white onion cut up
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken in Dutch oven with water to cover.
- Add parsley, celery, carrot, onion, salt and pepper then cover and bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat then cook over low heat until tender.
- Remove meat from bones and it's ready for use in salads or casseroles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.