- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add oats, salt, vanilla and flour, mix until blended.
- Combine sugar, California figs and water.
- Cook over medium heat 15 minutes, or until creamy, stirring frequently.
- Line a well-greased shallow pan (8 x 12-inch) with half the flour mixture.
- Add the filling, and sprinkle remaining flour mixture on top as evenly as possible.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.