In Romanian: Figaro
- 5 oz/150 g butter
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz/250 g flour
- peel and juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 oz/150 g Sugar
- 5 oz/150 g ground walnuts
- 10 oz/300 g marmalade or preserves without syrup
- Mix the butter with 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar, add the yolks one by one.
- Mix well. Add juice and grated lemon peel, baking soda and vanilla and knead with the flour.
- Roll into a finger thick sheet and place in a pan.
- Bake at low heat until the sheet starts to rise and gets a crust.
- Then remove from the oven and quickly spread a layer of marmelade or preserves, topping with the whipped egg whites which have been mixed with 5 oz/150 g Sugar and ground walnuts.
- Put in the oven again and bake.
- When done, let it cool in the pan.
- Then cut into squares or rectangles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.