- 2 pkt (10.5 oz) firm tofu
- ½ cup flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup water
- 2 oz soyor tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey
- ⅓ tsp bottled fish stock or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 8 fresh scallions, chopped
- Wipe tofu dry with paper towels.
- Cut the tofu in each box in half, then cut each half into four equal portions.
- flour each portion lightly.
- Heat vegetable oil to medium hot (350°F to 375°F).
- Add the tofu, a few at a time.
- Fry until golden and remove to drain on paper towels.
- Prepare sauce by placing the water, soy or tamari sauce, sweetener and stock in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and mix well, making sure sugar (if using) is dissolved.
- To serve, place a small amount of the sauce on four warmed plates.
- Divide the tofu evenly among the plates, placing them on the sauce.
- Garnish with grated ginger and chopped scallions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.