- 200 g self-raising flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 75 g butter
- juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- juice and grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 egg, beaten
- sesame seeds
- Sieve the flour, add the sugar and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the lemon and orange rinds bind together with the juice and the beaten egg adding a tiny amount of water.
- If necessary to make the dough workable.
- Break the dough into small like balls and roll these into thin sausage shapes or shape them into rings.
- Twist in the middle will convert the circles figures of eight which is the traditional figure of eight.
- On a plate have a quantity of sesame seeds press each shape into them, so that the top is covered.
- Place well spaced on a greased baking tray and bake at 200°C / 400°F /gas mark 6 reducing heat to 180°C / 350°F / gas 4 for 20 – 25 minutes until golden.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.