This classic barbecue sauce is great for meat and poultry and adds a slight spice to the sauce. You can prepare the sauce on meat, poultry, and seafood for grilling, while it delivers a bold, red-hot aroma that it delivers and enhances with fruit juice.
- ½ cup soy sauce, dark or light only
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped or minced, red, white, or yellow only
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda or calamansi juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons sugar, brown or white only
- ½ cup banana or tomato catsup
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Mix all ingredients well and marinate meat for 2 to 4 hours at least. Overnight is preferred.
- Spoon or pour contents from the homemade barbecue sauce into a fresh glass jar and reserve this in the refrigerator.
- Prior to cooking meats or poultry, remove from the marinade. Reduce the marinade by boiling and use as the glaze on the meat while cooking.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3-6 tablespoons or 4 cups